By Dr. Don L. Davis
Overview in fact Topics
• The Apostolic Age, the traditional Church, the Apologists, and the good Tradition
• The Medieval Church and the Reformation
• Modernity, Post-modernity, and the Church Today
• Church issues and Going again to the longer term: What’s all of the Hubbub in regards to the nice Tradition?
• the aim, parts, and merits of Shared Spirituality
• Shared Spirituality and Church Plant Movements
• Sowing strong Seed: First Steps in Recapturing the good culture in Shared Spirituality
Read or Download Church Matters: Retrieving the Great Tradition PDF
Best christian theology books
Questions on divine windfall have preoccupied Christians for generations: Are humans elected to salvation? For whom did Jesus die? This booklet introduces readers to 4 winning perspectives on divine windfall, with specific awareness to the query of who Jesus died to avoid wasting (the volume of the atonement) and if or how God determines who should be kept (predestination).
Christian Theology: the fundamentals is a concise creation to the character, projects and critical issues of theology – the learn of God in the Christian culture. supplying a huge evaluation of the tale that Christianity tells us approximately our human state of affairs prior to God, this ebook also will search to supply encouragement and a great starting place for the reader’s additional explorations in the topic.
During this moment quantity, Webster progresses the dialogue to incorporate subject matters in ethical theology, and the theology of created mind. a gap bankruptcy units the scene via contemplating the relation of christology and ethical theology. this can be via a collection of reflections on a number moral topics: the character of human dignity; mercy; where of sorrow in Christian lifestyles; the character of human braveness; loss of life and emerging with Christ as a governing motif within the Christian ethical lifestyles; the presence of sin in human speech.
Anselm of Canterbury is without doubt one of the most famed of medieval Christian thinkers, who left a substantial political and highbrow inheritance of his personal. This publication unearths that the theological and highbrow inheritance on hand to Anselm was once extra dynamic, broader and deeper than is generally idea and Anselm used to be encouraged through greater than simply the works of St Augustine.
- The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ
- The Forgery of the Old Testament and Other Essays (Freethought Library)
- The Omnipresence of Jesus Christ: A Neglected Aspect of Evangelical Christology (Paternoster Theological Monographs)
- The Passions of Christ in High-Medieval Thought: An Essay on Christological Development (Oxford Studies in Historical Theology)
Extra info for Church Matters: Retrieving the Great Tradition
Church Matters: Retrieving the Great Tradition by Dr. Don L. Davis