By Dennis P. Hollinger
Read or Download Choosing the Good: Christian Ethics in a Complex World PDF
Similar christian theology books
Questions on divine windfall have preoccupied Christians for generations: Are humans elected to salvation? For whom did Jesus die? This ebook introduces readers to 4 triumphing perspectives on divine windfall, with specific consciousness to the query of who Jesus died to save lots of (the volume of the atonement) and if or how God determines who should be stored (predestination).
Christian Theology: the fundamentals is a concise creation to the character, projects and principal issues of theology – the examine of God in the Christian culture. supplying a wide evaluation of the tale that Christianity tells us approximately our human scenario ahead of God, this publication also will search to supply encouragement and an outstanding beginning for the reader’s additional explorations in the topic.
During this moment quantity, Webster progresses the dialogue to incorporate issues in ethical theology, and the theology of created mind. a gap bankruptcy units the scene by way of contemplating the relation of christology and ethical theology. this can be through a collection of reflections on quite a number moral subject matters: the character of human dignity; mercy; where of sorrow in Christian lifestyles; the character of human braveness; death and emerging with Christ as a governing motif within the Christian ethical existence; the presence of sin in human speech.
Anselm of Canterbury is among the most renowned of medieval Christian thinkers, who left a substantial political and highbrow inheritance of his personal. This ebook finds that the theological and highbrow inheritance to be had to Anselm used to be extra dynamic, broader and deeper than is regularly concept and Anselm was once stimulated through greater than simply the works of St Augustine.
- First Freedom: The Beginning and End of Religious Liberty
- Christian Faith and the Problem of Evil
- Watchman's Guide to the Antichrist
- The Scandal of Sacramentality: The Eucharist in Literary and Theological Perspectives
- Jonathan Edwards’s Vision of Reality: The Relationship of God to the World, Redemption History, and the Reprobate (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 172)
- An Unexpected Light: Theology and Witness in the Poetry and Thought of Charles Williams, Micheal O'Siadhail, and Geoffrey Hill (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 103)
Additional resources for Choosing the Good: Christian Ethics in a Complex World
Choosing the Good: Christian Ethics in a Complex World by Dennis P. Hollinger