By Nicholas D Spencer
Man lubricates normally with oil. Nature lubricates completely with water. natural water is a negative lubricant, however the addition of proteins, in particular glycoproteins, can adjust surfaces to cause them to way more lubricating at sluggish speeds. knowing how nature does this, and the actual buildings concerned, is not just vital for the knowledge of illnesses equivalent to osteoarthritis, but in addition crucial for the profitable program of articulating implants, corresponding to hips and knees, in addition to the improvement of clinical units equivalent to catheters and call lenses. a bunch of significant purposes of water-based lubrication are already in position within the own care and nutrients industries, and extra commercial functions of water-based lubrication may have an important confident impression at the environment.
This booklet is the 1st of its type. It brings jointly the newest examine in organic and biomimetic, water-based lubrication and is authored via the world's specialists within the field.
- Tribology of usual Articular Joints (Rowena Crockett)
- Sticky and Slippery: Interfacial Forces of Mucin and Mucus Gels (Seunghwan Lee)
- Aqueous Lubrication and meals Emulsions (Jason R Stokes)
- Aqueous Lubrication in Cosmetics (Gustavo S Luengo, Anthony Galliano and Claude Dubief)
- Hydrogel Friction and Lubrication (Jian Liu and Jian Ping Gong)
- Aqueous Lubrication with Polymer Brushes (Suzanne Giasson and Nicholas D Spencer)
- Water-Like Lubrication of not easy Contacts by means of Polyhydric Alcohols (Jean Michel Martin and Maria Isabel De Barros-Bouchet)
- Aqueous Lubrication of Ceramics (Mitjan Kalin)
Readership: educational and commercial tribologists, fabrics scientists, biomechanics execs, and physicists and chemists with an curiosity in tribology.
Read or Download Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) PDF
Similar textiles & polymers books
The facility to check and control subject on the nanoscale is the defining characteristic of 21st-century technology. the 1st variation of the standard-setting guide of Nanoscience, Engineering, and know-how observed the sector via its infancy. Reassembling the preeminent group of best scientists and researchers from all components of nanoscience and nanotechnology in addition to a number of new pioneers, this moment variation will advisor the sphere via its burgeoning formative years.
The assumption for this publication got here out of the EURESCO convention on excessive functionality Fibers: Euroconference on Fiber Fracture in 2000. a number of the books which are at present to be had examine diversified features of fiber processing, homes, or functions, yet none are focussed at the fracture behaviour of fibers.
Model Retail offer Chain administration: A platforms Optimization strategy is a accomplished reference resource that gives the state of the art findings on many vital rising examine concerns concerning retail provide chain administration and optimization difficulties. The ebook takes an particular platforms procedure, and discusses retailled model offer chain coordination mechanisms and client marketplace informationdriven model retail offer chain types, in addition to suggesting destiny examine avenues.
This selection of 463 water-based exchange and business formulations might be of price to technical and managerial group of workers in paint production businesses and corporations which offer uncooked fabrics or providers to those businesses, and to these attracted to much less unsafe, environmentally more secure formulations.
- Composite Materials: Properties as Influenced by Phase Geometry
- Block Copolymer Nanocomposites
- The Elements of Polymer Science and Engineering (Elements of Polymer Science & Engineering)
- Directed Self-assembly of Block Co-polymers for Nano-manufacturing (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
Additional info for Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series)
Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) by Nicholas D Spencer